Monday, August 3, 2009

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for me. I don´t understand much of what´s going on but sometimes Oscar will give me a little translation. School is quite different in Paraguay. We sit in one class room all day (except for classes like Art or Gym) and our teachers come to us. Some teachers allow you to move your desk however you like and others make you sit in rows. You can always tell who is paying attention and who isn´t. Those who really want to focus sit in the front because the people in the back are talking. Today the subject I understood most was chemistry. Lunch here is so different as well. Our cafeteria is not really a room in the sense that it has openings to the outside. Most of the school is airy and open. Tomorrow is gym and art and I can´t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment