Sunday, August 2, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Last night around 12:30 I was picked up at the Ciudad Del Este bus station by my host family. They are so nice! So far I haven´t been able to talk directly to my host parents (because I don´t speak Spanish and they don´t speak English) but Oscar has been learning English and he has been acting as a translator. He said that he´d teach me Spanish if I help him improve his English. My room is awesome. I think it was used as their guest bedroom and the walls are a tad lightish red, but I´m not complaining. I have a place to sleep and that is wonderful.
It´s funny to see the people here bundled up in winter coats, hats, and scarfs. My host family keeps asking me if I´m cold and I respond that compared to Cleveland this is nothing. (Just to let you know mom they do wear shorts here during the summer and the teenagers wear jeans as well.)
That´s about all for now. Talk to you guys later.

2 comments:

  1. haha wait a minute.. whats the temp there?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude your so freaking lucky....i wish i could be there...besides red is a cool color...if you need any help with spanish im here to help

    ReplyDelete